At Arbor, we’re on a mission to transform the way schools work for the better.
Our products are transforming the way schools use data to bring about positive change by empowering schools and teachers. Arbor reduces the amount of time spent on administrative tasks, and increases their time where it matters, with the students!
Arbor Project Managers work closely with secondary school teams to plan and manage end to end, the implementation of their new Arbor MIS.
During the school’s onboarding to Arbors MIS you will work closely with key stakeholders, keeping an open communication of what’s happening and when, managing the data migration, planning their configuration of Arbor (what features and functionality they will use), and working with the school to coordinate training and support for their team.
Day to day, you will work closely with the schools team to plan and manage the implementation of their new Management Information System (MIS), including supporting the school with change across their teams and departments.
A day in the life of a Project Manager at Arbor
- Managing multiple concurrent projects, onboarding secondary schools to the Arbor MIS including data migration from their incumbent MIS provider.
- Proactively scoping and planning projects to ensure key milestones and objectives are achievable and aligned to the client’s priorities.
- Preparing, planning and leading internal and external calls and meetings to ensure customer priorities are being met and disseminate information to relevant teams.
- Coordinating support and training with the team who are responsible for delivering school level training plans and schedules, ensuring they follow the school objectives and vision.
- Preparing clients facing documentation and presenting in Executive Status Meetings during Implementation to ensure project milestones are being met and the project is on track, including client status and risks.
- Acting as the escalation point for risk and project dependencies of the school
- Planning mitigation against risk and providing solutions, including visits to clients to ensure that client remains successful.
In 1 month, you’ll be onboarding, getting to know your team, developing an understanding of Arbor’s MIS, services and how we work with our customers.
Within 3 months, you’ll be leading projects, meeting with key external stakeholders, responsible for onboarding, and supporting their move to Arbor. We’d also like to see you working with your project peers to identify areas of improvement to the implementation process for secondary schools.
Within 6 months, you’ll have project managed multiple projects from end to end. You will see development and improvement of your overall approach to managing a project, including your ability to manage change with customers & appropriate risk management.
- You have commercial experience as a project manager delivering software projects using project management frameworks such as Prince2
- You can demonstrate past experience managing multiple projects concurrently in an agile environment, often with overlapping projects to tight timeframes.
- You’re comfortable working in a fast-paced, and results-oriented culture.
- You’re good at using data to solve problems
- You’re willing to travel frequently to client sites (at least 30% of your time)
It would be great if you have:
- Experience working with CRM/MIS databases
- An understanding of the national educational landscape and/or MIS technologies
- A qualification in project management (Agile, PMP, Prince2)
What we offer
The chance to work alongside a team of hard-working, passionate people in a role where you’ll see the impact of your work everyday. We also offer:
- We believe in supporting your professional growth so we provide you with a set training budget and give you the freedom to choose how you spend it.
- We promote positive well being and as part of this you’ll have access to our Employee Assistance Program as well as being able to speak to trained mental health first aiders
- Frequent internal Tech Talks, opportunities to learn from colleagues, and dedicated time off to attend conferences or training
- Flexible working hours and some remote working
- We offer additional discretionary holidays, including half day Fridays during the school summer holidays
Arbor Education is an equal opportunities organisation
Our goal is for Arbor to be a workplace which represents, celebrates and supports people from all backgrounds, and which gives them the tools they need to thrive - whatever their ambitions may be.
We want to make sure we build the best products for our schools, and we passionately believe that starts with building a workforce as diverse as the communities we serve. We’re actively working on this, and we’re always open to feedback. Let us know your thoughts!
If you need any adjustments to be made to support you through the recruitment process, let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org
Refer a friend: Know someone else who would be good for this role? You can refer a friend, family member or colleague, if they are offered a role with Arbor, we will say thank you with a voucher valued up to £200! Simply email: email@example.com