About the role
Our Partnership function is a group of passionate and motivated people, directly speaking to schools about our Management Information solution.
We’re looking for an engaged and creative Business Development candidate who can apply a blended approach to outbound prospecting using account based marketing, phone, email, events, LinkedIn, and our free tools. You’ll collaborate with our Marketing team who will support you with copy, content and collateral and you’ll be supported by our Sales Operations Analyst, who’ll crunch the data to help you find the hottest prospects for the Field Sales team.
Generating your own leads, organising qualification calls for our Inbound team, and helping the sales team meet termly revenue targets. You’ll carry your own meeting booking target to keep you on track. This is a role for someone who loves autonomy and wants to get stuck into something new. focussing on one, exciting sector; education. You’ll also be:
- Reaching out via phone and email to schools and MATs who’ve attended our Arbor Insight training, used our free or paid for reports, or attended Arbor’s Scaling Sustainably/Adapting to Change Multi Academy Trust conferences.
- Researching, profiling and identifying new prospects, introducing them to Arbor with account-based marketing and tailored messaging, using a blend of channels including phone and email.
- Working closely with our Sales Operations Analyst to identify great prospects so that you can focus on business development.
- You’ll generate leads to be qualified by the Inbound Sales Development Reps, which are then converted into meetings against your targets.
This is a role for someone who loves autonomy and wants to get stuck into something new. focussing on one, exciting sector; education.
- 2+ years of experience in sales and business development, ideally in the education sector, other public sector, recruitment or complex sales cycles.
- You enjoy striking up conversations and you’re not phased about picking up the phone and talking about how we can help schools and Multi Academy Trusts.
- You enjoy writing; email is one of our main channels, so you need to be a good storyteller, have a natural style, and good spelling, punctuation and grammar.
- Have a passion for developing a sales career with a path into field sales or account management.
- Excellent time management skills, with the ability to organise and prioritise effectively.
- Proactive and driven, you thrive when you have targets and an open market to prospect to.
- A real team player with the ability to work constructively and effectively with your team, but also able to work independently and manage individual responsibilities.
- Passionate about making a social impact with your sales skills; we’re focussed on improving student attainment, saving schools time on admin and we’re a limited profit company.
- This is a newly established team in Arbor’s growing company, so you need to be knowledgeable about business development and able to contribute your own ideas, methods and processes to thrive in this role. You’ll also be ready to take feedback and keep improving.
- Great at listening, uncovering needs and connecting the dots so that you offer the right solution to the right person.
- Has experience of working to KPIs/targets and is excited about meeting these in a time of unprecedented market movement.
What we offer
The chance to work alongside a team of hard-working, passionate people in a role where you’ll see the impact of your work everyday. We also offer:
- Dedicated training budget to help support your professional development!
- 1 day off each year to volunteer with a charity of your choice.
- Access to a choice of comprehensive 24/7 well being support services as well as internal Wellbeing Champions.
- Depending on your role can offer flexible working.
- Enhanced maternity pay to support new mothers during this exciting period of your life.
- Our social committees organise regular team nights out (we’ve had pizza making and curry clubs!)
- We offer 30 days holiday (plus Bank Holidays), part of which is made up of half day Fridays during the school summer holidays, a day off during Easter and a day off over Christmas.
- Our office is based in the heart of Leeds. It’s lively and vibrant, and you’ll have breakfast supplied every day along with other healthy snacks you can choose from.
Please note: We are unable to provide visa sponsorship at this time.